The Kintaba PagerDuty integration allows you to sync certain pagerduty services to Kintaba and to make Pagerduty oncall schedules avaialble in Kintaba.
You can also trigger PagerDuty services via an Automation Action
Kintaba integrations manage programmatic access to your incidents. To create a new integration, you'll first need to access the Integrations section of the Admin panel.
Click the "Add Integration" button on pagerduty in the integrations library.
Choose whether you would like to integrate incidents and/or oncalls. You will be able to configure specific services for incident sync in the next step.
Once connected to PagerDuty, you will be forwarded to the Edit Integration page where you can select which PagerDuty services you would like to sync.
If selected, oncall rotations from PagerDuty will now show up in user typeaheads within incidents so you don't have to replicate those oncalls in Kintaba.
Pagerduty services can also be called via automations by selecting the "Pagerduty" action within an automation configuration.
See our automation documentation to get started!
Pagerduty Admin Access Required
Only pagerduty admins can generally edit extensions and create custom incident actions
If you would prefer to initiate new Kintaba incidents from a button in Pagerduty (rather than permanently linking a service), you can accomplish this using Pagerduty Custom Incident Actions.
- Log into Pagerduty and visit the "Extensions" page within the "Integrations" menu dropdown at the top of the page.
- Click the "New Extension" button
- For "Extension Type" begin typing and then select "Custom Incident Action" from the dropdown
- You will be prompted to open the Custom Incident Actions configuration page. Click "Open"
- From the Custom Incident Actions Integrations page, click the "New Action" button.
- Fill out the form as follows:
Send to Kintaba
Initiate a new incident in Kintaba based on this Pagerduty incident.
The service to which you'd like the button to be available
For the URL Endpoint, you can find the API key and secret in the settings for your Pagerduty integration in Kintaba.
- Click the "Create Action" button to commit the custom incident action
- The custom action will now show up for all incidents created within the chosen service under the "More" link
Updated 6 months ago