Kintaba's Slack integration allows you to create and update an active incident right from Slack.
Importing Employees from Slack
To read about importing employees from Slack into your kintaba instance please refer to the Adding Employees via Slack Integration documentation.
To connect Kintaba to Slack:
Kintaba will also attempt to auto-add itself to Slack the first time you click the "Create Slack Channel" button within an incident.
When installing the slack integration, you will select a channel that receives updates every time a new incident in Kintaba is created. Employees can subscribe to this channel in slack to be kept up to date on emerging events.
The privacy of incident channels can be configured to be either Public or Private.
To change this setting, simply access your Slack Integration settings and change the "Incident Channel Privacy" setting.
All updates made in Kintaba sync to the incident's slack channel and all comments made in Slack sync directly to the incident, allowing your team a seamless choice of interfaces. Incident channels are archived after the incident is closed and the postmortem review had been completed.
Supported commands that can be used anywhere in Slack:
- /kintaba create [optional: severity] [incident title] - creates a new incident
- /kintaba list - lists all active incidents
- /kintaba help - shows available commands for interacting with the Kintaba slack bot
Supported commands that can only be used from an incident's Slack channel:
- /kintaba info - get the current incident's details
- /kintaba update - edit the current incident's details
- /kintaba subscribe - subscribe to the current incident's update emails
- /kintaba reassign [@slack_user] - reassign the current incident to a new owner
- /kintaba ping [@slack_user] - ping a user as a responder for the current incident
- /kintaba mitigate - mark the current incident as mitigated
- /kintaba close - mark the current incident as closed
If you've already created an incident in Kintaba, you can start a new Slack channel by clicking the "Create Channel" option on the rightbar of the incident page.
To create a new incident from within slack, just type /kintaba create to launch the incident creation screen.
Fill out the form to create a new incident.
If you'd like to create an incident instantly without using the form, you can type:
/kintaba create <severity> <incident name>
and a new incident will be instantly created along with a synced Slack channel that includes the initial subscribers to the incident. Anyone added to the channel also will become a subscriber.
To create a new incident from within slack, just type /kintaba update to launch the incident update screen.
Updated 2 months ago